in NYC this week

11:32 PM



ok, so my first blog. I'm in NYC this week for the International Photo Expo conference, and this is me after my second 10-hour day there. I'm feeling great: haven't eaten a full meal today, going from seminar to expo floor, to seminar to seminar. I have three more avenues until Penn station and 2 of my band-aids have slipped that cushion my blisters. -minor annoyances. It's as if it just wouldn't be New York City if there weren't little challenges tapping your shoulder {rather, feet}. Positive and inspired about all that I'm soaking in here, I'm anxious to get back to my sister's house in BK for some q.t.. and t.l.c.

Tonight I start pulling together my midterm. My Concept: Each day waxes and wans varying emotions. I've narrowed down six that I most commonly feel: Inspired, Disappointed, Thoughtful, Uncertain, Sexy and Confident. Using props like clothing, considering color and texture, accessories, gestures, myself + my twin as models, I will collage these emotions using cut polaroids; symbolizing the two sides of me that deal with the emotions every day. I will create self-portraits that are half me and half T :)


The project may evolve around these parameters, but that's the jist of it. I'll have to pick up some more polaroid film on the way back to Brooklyn..

You Might Also Like

0 comments